The foundation stone of the new building was laid in 1887 and the church completed a year later, dedicated by Archbishop Benson on April 5th 1888...
St Saviour's was re-ordered in the 1980's, the south aisle being converted into a meeting room and the back of the church fitted with a kitchen and toilets...
BMW was Walmer's original parish church built around 1120. At first it was a private chapel of the d'Auberville family who lived in the adjacent moated 'Walmer Court'...